Saturday 7 January 2012

TOILET RATING: YUMMY YUM CHA, BARKLEY STREET, FOOTSCRAY

Hello 1975.

Don’t you just love toilets in some older Asian restaurants?  They look like they’ve been thrown together, just because they have to have them, and not because they want to service their diners.

This toilet was no exception.

The ladies toilet door didn’t even close properly, so I used the staff toilet (which was right beside it).  I could envision an army of crazy Asian women barging in on me whilst I was evacuating my bladder, and me screaming ‘Get out! Get out!’ whilst they were screaming something in whatever language they used, possibly ‘My eyes are burning!!’ after seeing my enormous clacka.  Staff toilet was safer.

However, it was clean and tidy, and smelt okay.  Fairly decent toilet paper: somewhere between 3 ply and rice paper.  Paper towels to dry your hands, but no soap.

This caused me to freak out a little, because I only bought my purse into the restaurant, and had no hand sanitiser with me (it was in my bag in the car). Lesson there: always take your handbag with you. 

Thank God I had finished eating, and we were about to leave.  Sanitised as soon as I got back to the car, more for comfort than anything else.

Out of a possible ‘five flush’ rating, I give this place two flushes.

A little side note: this was a nice little place that serves yum cha all day.  Had a good feed for about $15.  Was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment