Thursday 25 August 2011

BRING ON SPRING

Check out this photo. 

Dawn breaking at Tooborac.

This is the North-East view across my property, from the front of my house.

Isn't mother nature spectacular?

I love the moon in the top left corner, being chased away by the rising sun.  I love the fog laying in the valleys and paddocks; cold, chilly mornings hint at a promise of warmth to come.  A beautiful day ahead.

I love this time of year.  Spring would have to be my favourite season, for so many reasons.

Through mid to late August, we get glimpses of the weather that’s ahead of us; a few days of beautiful, warm weather strung together to remind us what the sun actually looks and feels like!

Sucks that these few days are usually whilst we’re at work, and disappear on the weekend! Wtf?

No, I love Spring.  I love how suddenly, the chill of winter is gone, and everything floral bursts into life.  The roses start budding, bulbs suddenly seem to explode out of the ground, and all of a sudden, you notice all of the daisies out, which you didn’t seem to notice the week before…

You can start leaving windows and doors open, to let the warm, gentle spring breeze clear away the stale darkness of winter, and fill your house with warmth and light again.

You can stop using the frigging wood heater that covers everything in dust!

You can go out and play in the garden; pruning, weeding and planting, without the fear of drowning in mud and puddles.

You can hang your doonas and quilts over the balcony railing (I don’t have a clothes line) and let them air in the warmth of the spring sun.

You can start using the bbq again, because it was too damn cold to do so through winter.  Aaahhh…. Nothing like the smell of a barbie, is there?  Mmmm…. The smell of summer.

You can even start eating outside again, enjoying the beautiful weather and views.  I love sitting on the front verandah, looking over the thriving garden and further into the paddocks, where I can actually hear the cows chomping on the grass, it’s so quiet.

I love looking down into the front garden, and seeing a little bit of fur under one of the shrubs; the cats love lounging in the garden in spring, and usually pick a bush to sleep under ALL DAY.  Aaahhh… the life of a cat.

I can’t wait to plant seedlings, see my roses and bulbs start blooming, and re-plant the vegie patch.

I can’t wait to finish off projects that have been delayed because of the winter wet.

Yep; best time of year.  Not too hot to work and live outside, not too cold to keep you indoors.

Bring on spring!

Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment