Monday 18 June 2012

THE WOLF YOU FEED


This little story was posted up on Facebook by my cousin Frog, and I it really struck a chord with me, so I thought I would share it with you.

One evening, and old Cherokee Indian told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.

He said: ‘My son; the battle is between two ‘wolves’ inside us all.

One is evil.  It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority and ego.

The other is good.  It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.’

The grandson thought about this for a minute and then asked his grandfather: ‘Which one wins?’

The old Cherokee simply replied:  ‘The one you feed.’

No comments:

Post a Comment