Monday 5 November 2012

I SWING BOTH WAYS...


‘Hi love.  How are you?’ she said.

‘Good thanks.’ I smile casually.  ‘Pump number one, thanks.’

‘No problems,’ she said, and proceeds to process my payment.  ‘You didn’t hear me before, did you?’

‘Sorry?’ I look up.  What the fuck are you talking about?

‘When I walked past your car, on the way in here, I called out to you.’ she laughed.  ‘I thought you were someone else, so I said g’day gorgeous!  Then I realised it wasn’t who I thought it was.’

‘Oh!’ I laughed.  I didn’t hear a fucken thing.  ‘I didn’t hear it.  However, in saying that, I’m use to people saying that to me.  So much so, that I just block it out now.’

‘Really?’ she asked.

‘Really.’ I nod.  Let’s see how far this one goes.

‘All the time?’

‘All the time.’ I smile.  You’re kidding me?  ‘I’m pretty awesome, and people are only human, after all.’

She laughed.  ‘Even from chicks?’

‘Even from chicks.’  hahahhaaaaa

‘Fair enough.’ she nods, handing me my receipt.  ‘I like that.  I swing both ways, so it doesn’t bother me either.’

Oh fuck.  Didn’t expect that response.  Fail!  ‘I have a cousin the same.’ I quickly recover.  ‘She swings whatever way she can.  Says to me that love is love; doesn’t matter what package it comes in.’

‘I like the sound of your cousin.’ She smiles, clasping her hands and leaning on the counter toward me. 

You fucken would, I smile.  ‘Enjoy the rest of your day.  I hope someone else gorgeous and awesome comes into it.’

‘So do I!’ she replies, and I feel the weight of her eyes on me as I beat a quick retreat from the shop.

It takes all kinds.

Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment