Wednesday 18 July 2012

STRAWBERRY & MASCARPONE STUFFED FRENCH TOAST


So, you know I love cooking, right?
  
Well, I thought I would share some of my cooking experiences with you.  

I like to take photo's of the food I cook (if I think it looks awesome), and share it on Facebook - rub it in to all the losers that have missed out.  Suckers. 

Anyway, the recipe below went off it's little rocker the other day when I posted it, so I thought I would share it with my blogspot buddies.

I found it on a site that I'm totally addicted to, called www.closetcooking.com.  It's an American website (don't let that put you off) and the guy who runs the blog throws up some amazing food that's really fresh and simple.  I love it!  This is one of his more recent triumphs.

Get on it.


STRAWBERRY & MASCARPONE STUFFED FRENCH TOAST


2 cups strawberries (cleaned, hulled and sliced)  
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup mascarpone
1/2 cup yoghurt
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup milk
1 egg cinnamon to taste
4 thick slices bread
1 cup strawberry sauce (see below)

Mix the strawberries and sugar and let sit for 10 minutes.  Mix the mascarpone, yogurt and sugar and let sit for 10 minutes.  Mix the strawberries into the mascarpone.

Mix the milk, egg and cinnamon in a wide, shallow dish. 

Take two slices of bread and form a sandwich, filling them with strawberries and mascarpone.   Dip the sandwich in the egg mixture to coat on both sides.

Melt a touch of butter in a pan and fry the stuffed French toast until golden brown on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side.

Serve the strawberry and mascarpone stuffed French toast smothered in the strawberry syrup.

Strawberry Syrup
(makes 1 cup)
2 cups strawberries (cleaned, hulled and sliced) 2+ tablespoons sugar (to taste)

Simmer the strawberries and sugar in a sauce pan until they get all nice and syrupy, about 10-15 minutes.

NOTE: I used Tip Top Cafe style Scone Toast.  It was absolutely delicious and super light and fluffy

No comments:

Post a Comment