Wednesday 28 March 2012

A LETTER FROM YOUR BODY


This is a piece that the girls at Contours Wallan posted on their Facebook page, and I thought I would share it with you.

Interesting reading.  Enjoy.


Dear Highly-Evolved, Intelligent, Creative, Conscious Being living inside of me.

Hi.

Long time, no chat (no fault of mine, however).

As you may or may not know, I have been trying to make contact with you for quite some time. Years, in fact. I’ve been sending you regular messages but for some reason, unknown to me, you seem determined to ignore me, no matter how obvious or unmistakable those messages have been. If I didn’t know better, I’d assume you either don’t like me or you don’t respect me.

Or maybe both.

Anyway, lately I’ve been wondering how I might actually get your attention; seeing as nothing has worked so far. Clearly, the physical messages haven’t done the trick, so here I am getting a little creative and hi-tech. Knowing how much attention you pay to your much-loved computer, I thought I might have more success by trying to make contact with some kind of electronic message. And here we are. You and me. Or to be more accurate, you in me. 

Nice.

So, in case I haven’t made myself clear, let me do so now. I don’t like the way you treat me. In fact, I hate it. It hurts. You are killing me. And I don’t mean that metaphorically, I mean it literally. I don’t know why you would make decisions and do things that cause me pain when all I’ve ever done is give you my unconditional support; even when you load me up with sugar, fat, salt and all that toxic processed crap that I don’t want or need. And don’t get me started on the constant lack of exercise. 

FYI, I’m quite good at moving when you let me do it. You’d be surprised how functional I can be when you don’t restrict me to a chair or couch. It might come as a shock for you to know that I don’t actually like sitting nearly as much as you think I do. It hurts my back, neck and shoulders. And messes with my posture.

I’m the only resource you can’t replace but amazingly, I seem to be the one you value least. You think your home is that place with the doors and windows but you’re wrong; that’s your house. I am your home.

I am where you live. 

Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment